With this in mind, we developed various control mechanisms that certify and enhance this commitment:
- We publish an annual report with all our financial information and projects:
- We are audited by KPMG on annual basis.
- We submitted ourselves to an independent evaluation from Lealtad Foundation, that analyzed our foundation in according to the Principles of Transparency and Good Practices for NGO´s, making public this transparency report.
- We render accounts every year to the Foundations Protectorate.
- We belong to the Spanish Coordinating Body of Development NGO (Congde), whose member institutions have a Code of Conduct.
- We have a Code of Good Practice.
- We have made a Decalogue which sets down the Fundamental Rights of Donors.
- We support the Spanish Global Compact Association.
- We are a DNGO certified by the Spanish Agency of International Cooperation for Development (AECID).
- We belong to the following coordinating bodies and federations: Federation for Development NGOs of Madrid Region; Federació Catalana d’ONGD; Catalan Coordinating Body for Foundations; Andalusian Coordinating Body for Development NGOs; the Coordinating Body for Development NGOs of the Valencian Community; Association of Development NGOs Elkarganatzen, of the Basque Country.
- We belong to the following networks: Grupo de Trabajo de Desempeño Social, red de Voluntariado Corporativo (VOLUNTARE) and red española de microfinanzas en el exterior (remEX). We have also forged alliances with international organisations such as RedEAmérica, Fondo Multilateral de Inversiones (FOMIN), Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo, CAF Banco de Desarrollo de América Latina, Banco Centroamericano de Integración Económica (BCIE), The Interamerican Foundation, Instituto Interamericano de Cooperación para la Agricultura (IICA), World Indigenous Tourism Alliance (WINTA), Business Fights poverty and Navarra Center of International Development.
- We are members of the following study and research platforms, Centro de Apoyo a la Microempresa (Micro-enterprise Support Centre) (CEAMI), Centro de Estudios de Cooperación al Desarrollo (Centre for Development Cooperation Studies)(CECOD) and the EADI European network.
If you would like to know more about CODESPA, you can download our Statute.
Copy of CODESPA AMERICA’s exemption letter. CODESPA AMERICA is a Virginia non-profit corporation exempt from federal income tax under 26 U.S.C. Section 501(c)(3), and is eligible to receive tax-deductible donations.
CODESPA America donor’s bill of rights.